- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped white onions
- 4 hot dogs, sliced into 1/2 rounds
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder, plus more for dusting
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Shoestring fries, cooked according to directions on package
In a large pan, add the butter, oil, and onions and cook over medium heat until the onions have softened, about 6 minutes. Add the sliced hot dogs and cook, stirring occasionally, until the hot dogs start to brown, about 5 minutes.
While the hot dogs and onions are cooking, make the curry sauce. In a small bowl, stir the ketchup, honey, curry powder and a few grinds of black pepper until combined. Pour over the hot dogs and onions and cook until it thickens, about 5 minutes.
Divide prepared fries on plates or in low rimmed bowls. Top with an equal amount of the curry hot dog mixture and a light sprinkling of curry powder.