- Serves: 4-6 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb. Frozen French Fries
- 1-2 c. Irish Cheddar (shredded) OR Cheese Curds
- 1 Shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 2 tbsp. All-Purpose Flour
- 2 c. Beef Broth
- 1 (12oz) bottle Guinness Irish Stout
- 1 tsp. Fresh Thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp. Fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
- 1-2 c. Leftover Corned Beef, shredded
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
Cook French fries according to package directions. While French fries cook, make the gravy. Heat butter in a medium saucepan until melted, then add shallots to pan and saute until transluscent. Stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly, until flour no longer tastes raw; raise heat slightly, then stir in Guinness and bring to a simmer. Stir in beef broth, thyme, and rosemary, then bring gravy back to a simmer. Reduce heat and allow gravy to reduce and thicken, about 5 to 10 minutes.
Mix shredded corned beef into gravy and allow to heat through. Season gravy liberally with black pepper and salt to taste, then remove from heat. Pile French fries on a large serving plate and top with shredded Irish cheddar or cheese curds, then ladle on gravy and corned beef. Serve immediately.