- Serves: 6-8 servings
- Prep Time: 20-30 minutes
- Cook Time: 2-3 hours
- 1 1/2 lb. Prime Boneless New York Steak, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 c. Land & Water Brewed Coffee
- 4 slices Bacon, chopped
- 1 Large Yellow Onion, diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 (24oz) can Diced Tomatoes
- 2 c. Low-Sodium Chicken Stock
- 2 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp. Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp. Hot Paprika
- 2 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 Whole Bay Leaf
- 1 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
Add bacon to a large Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot and heat on medium-low. Cook bacon until crisp, then remove and drain leaving majority of bacon fat in the pot. Season cubed steak liberally with salt and black pepper, then sear cubed steak in batches in remaining fat; remove and drain.
Add diced onion to remaining drippings, and sauté until translucent, then stir in garlic, chipotle peppers, cocoa powder, and other spices. Cook on medium, stirring frequently, until fragrant. Raise heat to medium-high and deglaze pot with coffee. Stir in bacon, steak, tomatoes, chicken stock, and bay leaf then raise heat to high. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cover.
Cook on low for 2 to 3 hours or until steak is falling-apart tender. Season to taste with salt and black pepper before serving.