- Serves: 1 dozen Oysters
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5-7 minutes
- 1 dozen BBQ Oysters, kept very cold
- 1 medium Spicy Red Chilies OR Jalapeno Peppers, seeds/ribs removed (if desired) & finely chopped
- 6-8 large Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1 Shallot, finely chopped
- 1 thumb-sized piece Fresh Ginger, peeled & finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 2 tsp. Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp. Oyster Sauce
- 1/4 c. Fresh Scallions, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
Heat the vegetable oil in medium sauce-pot until just hot, then fry half of garlic. When garlic is fragrant, add remaining garlic and continue frying. When fresh garlic begins to cook, add shallot, ginger, pepper, and chilies to the same pot. Fry until shallots and chilies begin to soften; stir in soy sauce and oyster sauce, then remove from heat. Set aside to cool until needed.
Prepare a grill for direct, medium-high heat. Discard any oysters that are open or that do not close when tapped. Scrub remaining oysters thoroughly to remove any exterior grit, then shuck them, leaving them on the half-shell; rinse again to remove any remaining grit. Dollop about 1 to 2 teaspoons of garlic-chili sauce on each oyster, then place oysters directly onto the prepared grill.
Cook until the edges of the oyster begin to curl, about 5 to 7 minutes. Serve topped with a sprinkling of fresh scallions.