- Serves: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 bunch thin organic asparagus (about 1 pound), trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) Sole fillets
- 8 teaspoons country-style or whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
Preheat oven to 275°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss asparagus with 2 tablespoons oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper on prepared sheet, then arrange in a single layer on one half of baking sheet. Bake asparagus 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, spread each sole fillet with 2 teaspoons mustard. Sprinkle fillets with ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper total. Toss panko with remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a small bowl. Sprinkle panko mixture evenly onto sole fillets, then dust with smoked paprika.
After asparagus has baked for 5 minutes, remove baking sheet from oven. Place prepared sole fillets skin side down on empty half of baking sheet. Return to oven and bake until sole is firm and asparagus is tender, 14–16 minutes. Divide sole and asparagus among four plates and top with tarragon.