- Serves: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ pounds asparagus
- 1 quart chicken broth
- ¼ cup tarragon leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley leaves
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- sea salt and freshly ground white pepper
- finely grated lemon zest
- Joyful brand Parmesan Crisps
In a large pot, melt the butter. Add the onion, cover and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, about 6 minutes. Add the asparagus and cook for 1 minute. Add the broth and simmer until the asparagus is tender, about 10 minutes.
Add the 1/4 cup of tarragon and the parsley. Working in batches, puree the soup in a blender. Return the soup to the pot, add the cream and peas; rewarm. Season with salt and white pepper and garnish with tarragon and zest. Serve with the Parmesan Crisps.