Let’s be honest here. When did you last have a Pizza Night? You know, a gathering of friends or family where you top several crusts with everyone’s favorite sauce, cheese and toppings as you sip a beverage and socialize? It’s been a while, right?
Well, this is the week to remedy the situation and get your pizza party plan in place. Set a date and grab everything you need at Oliver’s this week. Our buyers have gone above and beyond to gather a truly amazing array of options for every piece of your pie.
Note: Prices in effect from May 11-17, 2022 at all Oliver’s Market locations.
Let’s talk about crust for a minute. It is, after all, the cornerstone of every pizza. You can make your own dough from scratch, use our Oliver’s Own Pizza Dough, or grab one of our premade crusts one that is ready to go. Or, even better, how about a couple different options?
Oliver’s Own Pizza Dough, $3.49/ea.: For the uninitiated, our Pizza Dough is one of the most popular items on our Deli Grab n Go wall. It makes perfect pizza every time. (Don’t forget you can also use if for calzones, breadsticks, etc.) TIP: If you are opting for individual pizzas or doing this with kids, divide the dough and make smaller crusts so everyone can customize.
Other great crust options this week include a couple of ready-made crusts and the special “OO” flour that is used by the pros for great pizza dough structure.
- Boboli Pizza Crust, 10-14 oz. Package, Selected Varieties, $3.99
- Caulipower Gluten Free Frozen Pizza Crust, 11 oz. Package, $5.99
- Caputo “00” Pizza Flour, 1 kg. Package, $3.49
- King Arthur “00” Pizza Flour, 3 lb. Bag, $4.99
Sauce is key to creating a delicious pizza. You can stick with the traditional red sauce, or branch out a bit and go for pesto, barbecue, a garlic/white sauce, or even a Balsamic glaze.
Here are some great sauce options on sale this week for your consideration:
- Oliver’s Own Pizza Sauce, $2.49/ea.
- Oliver’s Own Pesto Sauce, $6.99/ea.
- Armanino Pesto, 7 oz., 2 for $6
- Rao’s Pizza Sauce, 13 oz. Jar, $3.99
- Modenaceti Balsamic Vinegar Glaze, 6.76 oz., $5.99
When you think of pizza, what is the first thing that comes to mind? For many of us, it’s the cheese! From mild Mozzarella to bold Gorgonzola and everything in between, cheese is a pizza essential.
When planning your pizza night, think of a couple of flavor combinations you know you want, and then add a few more ingredients to try.
We have local and imported fresh Mozzarella, traditional shredded cheese, and for Vegan pizza makers, Miyoko’s Vegan Liquid Mozzarella, 8 oz. Bottle, $4.99, LOCAL. In our Gourmet Cheese department, we have some decadent options, including Ramini Buffalo Mozzarella, $26.99/lb. (LOCAL), Bellwether Farms Hand-Dipped Basket Ricotta, 12 oz., $5.99 (LOCAL), and Luigi Guffanti “Mountain Gorgonzola” DOP Piccante, $19.99/lb..
Here’s where you get to make your pizza uniquely yours — the toppings! Whether you’re going for a fresh, savory, or sweet flavor profile, the possibilities are endless.
Our buyers have pulled together a great list of toppings. Use it as a checklist to make sure you grab your favorites and maybe a new ingredient or two?
- Ital Brand Capers, 5 oz., $2.49
- Talatta Anchovy Fillets, $3.49
- Maria Artichoke Hearts, 12-13.75 oz., $3.49
- Mezzetta Kalamata Olives, 9.5 oz., $4.99
- Mezzetta Peppers, 16 oz., Selected Varieties, 2 for $5
- Lindsay Sliced Olives, 4 oz., 2 for $5
- Gallo Pepperoni, 7 oz., $3.99
- (New Item!) Imported Molinari Parma Prosciutto, $26.99/lb.
- Olivers Own Pork Mild or Hot Italian Sausage, Made with Niman Ranch Pork, $5.99/lb.
- Organic Local Arugula, 4oz., Grown by Greg at Wine Country Cuisine in Santa Rosa, $2.99/ea.
- Red Onions, Grown in the Northwest, New Crop, $1.29/lb.
- Organic Bunched Basil, California Grown by Tomatero in Watsonville, $1.99/ea.
- Organic Broccoli Crowns, Grown by Josie’s in Salinas, $1.69/lb.
- Organic Bell Peppers Orange, Red and Yellow, Grown in Mexico by Organic Republic, $2.99/lb.
- Organic Portabella Mushrooms, Grown by Farmer’s Fresh in Canada, $4.99/lb.
- Organic Zucchini, Grown by Sunfed in Mexico, $1.49/lb.
- Green Onions, Grown in Mexico, $0.49/ea.
- Hawaiian Pineapples, Large Size, $3.99/ea.
- Organic Bunched Spinach, Grown by Lakeside in California, $1.29 /ea.
- Organic Yukon Gold Potatoes, Grown by Cal-O, New Crop, $1.29/lb.
Pre-Made Frozen Pizzas
Sometimes a casual, unhurried pizza night is not possible, and you just need pizza, stat! Oliver’s has you covered there, too. We have some great frozen options, with literally something for everyone to love here.
- Sweet Earth Frozen Plant Based Pizza, 12.3 oz. Box, $5.99
- Amy’s Frozen Pizza, 9.1-14 oz. Box, $5.99 (LOCAL)
- Cappello’s Grain Free Frozen Pizza, 10.82-12 oz. Box, $5.99
- Red Baron Pizza, 20.6-23.45 oz. Package, 2 for $8
- Freschetta Pizza, 26.11-30.88 oz. Package, 2 for $10
No Pizza Night would be complete without an array of pizza-friendly beverages. If you need inspiration, be sure to ask a member of our Wine Department team for their recommendations. And check out this list for some of our ideas:
- Zaccagnini Montepulciano d’ Abruzzo – 2019, Abruzzo, Italy, $13.99
- Luca Bosio “Truffle Hunter” Barbera d’ Asti – 2018, Piemonte, Italy, $8.99
- Shannon Ridge Zinfandel – 2020, Lake County, $8.99
- Angeline Rosé of Pinot Noir – 2021, California, $9.99 (LOCAL)
- Bear Republic Racer 5 – 6 pack/12 oz. Bottles, $9.99+CRV (LOCAL)
- Altamont Maui Waui IPA – 6 pack/12 oz. Cans, $12.99+CRV
- Cuver Pepperwood – 6 pack/12 oz. Bottles, $11.49+CRV (LOCAL)
- Tremor California Light Lager – 12 pack/12 oz. Cans, $9.99+CRV (LOCAL)
- Nixie Sparkling Water, Selected Varieties, 8 pack/12 oz. Cans, $4.49+CRV
- Mountain Valley Sparkling Water, 1 Liter Bottle, $1.69
Cheers to Pizza Night!!