Let’s be honest here. When did you last have a Pizza Night? No, not the kind where you order pizza on an app and wait for it to arrive. You know, a gathering of friends or family where you top several crusts with everyone’s favorite sauce, cheese and toppings as you sip a beverage and socialize? It’s social, it’s fun, and the results are delicious!
This is the week to remedy the situation and get your pizza party plan in place. Set a date and grab everything you need at Oliver’s Market. Our buyers have gone above and beyond to gather a truly amazing array of options for every piece of your pie.
Note: Prices in effect from July 12-18, 2023 at all Oliver’s Market locations.
Let’s talk about crust for a minute. It is, after all, the cornerstone of every pizza. You can make your own dough from scratch, use our Oliver’s Own Pizza Dough, or grab one of our premade crusts one that is ready to go. Or, even better, how about a couple different options?
Oliver’s Own Pizza Dough, $2.99/ea.: For the uninitiated, our Pizza Dough is one of the most popular items on our Deli Grab n Go wall. It makes perfect pizza every time. (Don’t forget you can also use if for calzones, breadsticks, etc.) TIP: If you are opting for individual pizzas or doing this with kids, divide the dough and make smaller crusts so everyone can customize.
Other great crust options this week include a couple of additional crust options and the special “OO” flour that is used by the pros for great pizza dough structure.
• Caputo Tipo “00” Pizza Flour, 2.2 lb. Bag, $2.99
• Caulipower Pizza Crust, 11 oz. Box, $6.49
• King Arthur 00 Pizza Flour, 3 lb. Bag, $6.49
• Oliver’s Own Pizza Dough, 16 oz. Package, $2.99
• Mama Mel’s Gluten Free Pizza Dough, 12 oz. Package, $5.99
Sauce is key to creating a delicious pizza. You can stick with the traditional red sauce (Our Oliver’s Sauce is a great place to start!), or branch out a bit and go for pesto, barbecue, a garlic/white sauce, or even a Balsamic glaze.
Here are some great sauce options on sale this week for your consideration:
• Oliver’s Own Pizza Sauce, 8 oz. Container, $2.49
• Oliver’s Own Pesto Sauce, 8 oz. Container, $5.99
• Bianco Di Napoli Tomatoes, 28 oz. Can, $2.99
• Modenaceti Balsamic Glaze, 6.76 oz. Bottle, $4.99
When you think of pizza, what is the first thing that comes to mind? For many of us, it’s the cheese! From mild Mozzarella to bold Gorgonzola and everything in between, cheese is a pizza essential.
When planning your pizza night, think of a couple of flavor combinations you know you want, and then add a few more ingredients to try.
We have local and imported fresh Mozzarella, traditional shredded cheese, and for Vegan pizza makers, Miyoko’s Vegan Liquid Mozzarella, 16 oz. Bottle, $3.99, LOCAL. In our Gourmet Cheese department, we have some decadent options, including Luigi Guffanti Mozzarella di Bufala, (250mg Package) $9.99/ea. Crafted in Italian traditions, this water buffalo mozzarella boasts an incredibly rich, slightly sweet, subtly tangy flavor, with an undeniably elegant creamy texture. It’s moisture content makes it the perfect melting cheese, sure to elevate your pizza night in style. We are also featuring Galbani Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, Selected Varieties. 7-8 oz. Container $3.99 from our REV (Real Everyday Values) flyer.
Here’s where you get to make your pizza uniquely yours — the toppings! Whether you’re going for a fresh, savory, or sweet flavor profile, the possibilities are endless.
Our buyers have pulled together a great list of topping options. Use it as a checklist to make sure you grab your favorites and maybe a new ingredient or two?
• Olivers Own Italian Mild or Hot Bulk Sausage, $6.99/lb.
• Talatta Anchovy Fillets, 3.3 oz., $1.99
• Tutto Calabria Crushed Calabrian Peppers, 10.2 oz. Jar, $2.99
• Gallo Pepperoni, 7 oz. Package, $6.99
• Organic Heirloom Tomatoes, Grown in Santa Barbara County, $4.99/lb.
• Portabella Mushrooms, Grown in Canada, $4.99/lb.
• Walla Walla Sweet Yellow Onions, Grown in Washington, $1.29/lb.
• Organic Pineapple, Grown by Covilli or Dole in Mexico or Costa Rica, $3.99/ea.
• Organic 4 oz. Basil, Grown in Mexico, $4.99/ea.
No Pizza Night would be complete without an array of pizza-friendly beverages. If you need inspiration, be sure to ask a member of our Wine Department team for their recommendations. And check out this list for some of our ideas:
• Trecini Barbera – 2020, Asti, Italy $14.99
• Fresco di Masi Rosso – 2021, Verona, Italy $14.99
• Stella Artois 6 pack bottles and cans $8.99
• Montucky Cold Snacks 12 pack cans $9.99
Cheers to Pizza Night!!