- Pink Lady
- This sweet-tart apple has high sugars and high acids with a crisp bite and effervescent finish. It tends to fall more towards the tart side than sweet but is oh so refreshing! This apple is extremely versatile and can be used for baking, snacking, salads, pairing or for sauce.
- Fuji apples are crisp and very juicy with a sugary-sweet flavor that resembles freshly-pressed apple juice. The interior of the apple boasts firm, creamy-white flesh that is fine-grained. Fuji apples store well, which makes them a great treat, all year long.
- Granny Smith
- Granny Smith is a true use-it-for-anything apple. It’s one of the best to bake and cook with, a favorite for dipping with peanut butter, and it won’t brown quickly, making it ideal for salads, fruit platters, freezing and more.
- Sierra Beauty
- These apples are large and colorful with a creamy yellow background typically suffused by a beautiful crimson-red blush. The white flesh has excellent texture, at once crisp, tender, and juicy. The flavor is brisk with sugar and acid as well as strongly aromatic in a pineapple mode. It is a versatile apple, serving well for fresh dessert, cooked pies and sauces, and spritely sweet cider
- Sweet Tango
- SweeTango is the perfect fall apple. It’s crisp, incredibly juicy and distinctly flavorful – everything a great apple should be.
- Honeycrisp is a medium-to-large sized apple, with a light green/yellow background largely covered with red-orange flush with strong hint of pink if grown in good sunlight. The skin may be flecked with occasional russet dots. They are great in salads, sauces and pies.
- A cross between Golden Delicious and Kidd’s orange red apples, the Gala boasts a sweet flavor with hints of vanilla and has a floral aroma. On the outside, Gala apples are round, a pale golden yellow background and stripy red blush covering it. On the inside, these apples are firm and crisp with a slight yellow to cream hue. They are great for snacking, juicing and baking with.
- Taste the difference by featuring Jazz apples in your cooking, baking, or salads. We personally love them on their own as a snack, but their balanced tangy- sweet flavors will bring your recipes to the next level.
- The Smitten apple is medium to large and often has ribs on its round form. The skin is yellow overlaid with a red blush and red streaks, similar to a Gala. The yellow flesh has a firm, crisp, and fine-grained texture, and has both sweet and acidic notes. The flavor contains hints of cider, flowers, oranges, and wine, though in general the flavor is subtle rather than overpowering.
- SugarBee apples look similar to their Honeycrisp parent. The relatively thin and glossy skin is yellow-green in color overlaid with a red blush tinged with orange. Some fruits are up to 100 percent red coloring. Large tan lenticels cover the skin. The conical tapered shape is also very similar to a Honeycrisp. The flesh is creamy white inside and the texture is coarse, juicy, and consistently crispy. SugarBees are very sweet and aromatic, with some richness and floral quality in flavor under the sugar.
October 26, 2021
Awesome to the Core
Fall apple season has arrived! Whether you’re looking to bake a pie, change up your salad game or enjoy some fresh pressed juice, we have the right apple for you. Come in this week and find the apple variety that’s just right for you.
No comments yet. Add the first comment