- Serves: 4
- 16 oz. cubed watermelon, plus extra for garnish
- 2 tomatoes, hulled and quartered
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 Serrano chili, seeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp. diced shallots
- 8 Basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp. Champagne vinegar
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 6 oz. feta, crumbled
- 4 tbsp. fresh mint, chopped
Cube watermelon, saving 12-16 pieces for garnish. Hull and quarter tomatoes and add to a separate bowl, along with the cucumber, shallots, and Serrano chili. Pour vinegar over the vegetables and marinate 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the vegetables and basil to a food processor and pulse until well blended. Add watermelon, olive oil, salt and pepper and pulse again until blended. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until chilled.
When ready to serve, divide the Gazpacho among the four bowls. Place 3-4 watermelon cubes in the center of each and place the feta on top of them. Sprinkle each with the freshly chopped mint and serve.