- Serves: 4-6 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 (1lb) Choice Boneless New York Steak
- 4 c. Mixed Greens
- 1 large Fuji or Honeycrisp Apple, sliced
- 1 1/2 c. Green & Red Grapes, halved
- 1 Celery Stalk, chopped
- 1/2 c. Walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 c. Blue Cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp. Unsalted Butter, divided
- 2 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 2 Large Egg Yolks (optional)
- 1/4 c. White Wine Vinegar
- 1/3 c. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Salt + Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
Bring steak to room temperature, then pat lightly with a paper towel to remove excess moisture. Heat a small skillet on medium-high until hot, then add half of butter and continue heating; season steak liberally on all sides with salt and black pepper, and place into ripping hot skillet. Leave steak for 4 to 5 minutes without touching, then add remaining butter to pan and flip steak.
Baste steak in butter occasionally; cover and reduce heat, allowing steak to come to desired doneness. Sear sides of steak before removing from pan, then rest for 15 to 20 minutes. While steak rests, combine mustard, egg yolks (if using), garlic clove, vinegar, and salt in a blender and puree on high; while pureeing, slowly stream in olive oil to blend. Immediately stop blending when combined and transfer to a non-reactive bowl; refrigerate until needed.
Thinly slice rested steak. To finish, toss greens, apple, celery, walnuts, and grapes with prepared dressing; top with blue cheese crumbles and sliced steak. Serve immediately.