- Serves: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- 4 large Mycopia Organic Gourmet Trumpet Royale Mushrooms, sliced into 1/8 in. thick pieces
- 1 1/2 c. Long-Grain White Rice, rinsed
- 8 c. Low-Sodium Chicken Stock
- 1 lb. Raw Prawns, peeled & deveined
- 1 inch French Ginger, peeled & sliced
- 1 Scallion, cut in half
- 1 c. Scallions, finely chopped
- 4 Eggs, at room temp.
- Ground Peanuts, Soy Sauce, & Sesame Oil (for serving)
- Salt & Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
Add halved scallion and sliced ginger to a large pot with chicken stock and bring to a boil. Stir in rice and cook until creamy and thickened, about 20 to 25 minutes. While congee cooks, heat oil in a large saute pan. Add mushrooms and cook until softened; season to taste with salt and pepper, then stir into congee. Repeat with prawns, cooking until flesh is firm and pink. Season congee to taste with salt and pepper.
To serve, ladle hot congee into a large bowls and top with one raw egg (egg will cook with heat of congee) and sliced scallions. Optional toppings include ground peanuts, soy sauce, and sesame oil - add as desired. Serve as a hearty breakfast or a delicious and simple lunch.