- 2 quarts low sodium chicken or turkey stock
- 1 turkey carcass, cut into chunks
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1lb. turkey meat, shredded
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
Combine stock, turkey parts, bay leaves, and thyme sprigs in a large stockpot. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 1 hour. Strain broth into a medium saucepan and discard solids.
Add onion, carrots, and celery. Bring to a simmer and cook until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in turkey pieces and season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove bay leaves and thyme sprigs, stir in parsley and serve.