- Serves: 4-6 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
- 1 lb. 31-35 ct. Wild Prawns, peeled & deveined
- 1 c. All-Purpose Flour
- 3 Eggs, well-beaten
- 1 tbsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 c. Panko Bread Crumbs
- Vegetable or Peanut Oil (for frying)
- Lemon Wedges (for serving)
- Cocktail Sauce - 1 c. Tomato Ketchup
- 2 tbsp. Prepared Horseradish
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
To prepare the cocktail sauce, combine ketchup, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, cracked black pepper, and lemon juice in a non-reactive bowl until well mixed. Cover, and refrigerate until needed. Set up a breading station - combine flour and Old Bay in one dish, and place eggs and panko in 2 separate dishes. Add about 2 to 3 inches of oil to deep, heavy-bottomed pot or skillet, and heat to 350 degrees.
When oil is hot, dunk prawns first in seasoned flour, then egg, and finally panko before carefully adding to oil. Working in batches of about 6 to 8 prawns at a time, cook until golden brown and crisp (about 3 to 4 minutes). Use a spider or slotted spoon to remove prawns when ready; transfer to a tray lined with paper towels and fitted with a wire rack to drain.
Repeat until all prawns are fried. Serve warm popcorn prawns with cocktail sauce and fresh lemon wedges.