- Serves: 2 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 2 Oliver’s Choice 100% Angus Filet Mignon steaks, salted on both sides
- 1/2 pound Shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 leek, white part only, sliced crosswise, rinsed well
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
Preheat oven to 415 F.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally until they release their water and the pan begins to dry out again, 10-15 minutes. Add leeks and cook, stirring, until they soften a bit, 2-3 minutes. Add tarragon and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Heat a cast iron pan over high heat. Once heated melt 1 tablespoon of butter then add the filet mignon and sear each side for 2 minutes. Once seared, immediately transfer to the preheated oven and bake for about 5-6 minutes for medium-rare, 6-7 minutes for medium, 8-9 minutes for medium well, and 10+ minutes for well done.
Transfer the filet mignon to a plate, and top with the leeks and shiitake mushrooms. Serve hot!