- Serves: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 90 minutes
- 1 4-4 1/2 pound Rosie Organic Whole Chicken
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes
- 3 large carrots, cut to 1 inch pieces
- 1 head garlic, top removed
- 1 whole red onion, quartered
- 1 whole lemon, halved
- 15 sprigs fresh thyme
- 5 sprigs fresh rosemary, 2 sprigs with leaves diced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sea salt, for seasoning
- 1/2 cup black pepper, for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; fill the cavity with the lemon, garlic, rosemary and thyme.
Brush the outside with butter and liberally season with salt and pepper.
In a large mixing bowl, toss together onion, potatoes and carrots with olive oil, salt, pepper, and another bunch of thyme, and the rest of the rosemary. Spread on the bottom of a roasting pan and place the chicken on top.
Roast for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until juices from the chicken run clear and the center of the chicken reaches 170°F on a meat thermometer. Remove from the oven, cover in foil, and let rest for 15 minutes. Carve the chicken and serve with the roasted vegetables.