- Serves: 4-6 servings
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- 1 (1lb) Honeynut Squash, peeled & cubed
- 1 Red Beet
- 1 1/4 c. Pomegranate Seeds
- 2 c. White Quinoa, cooked & cooled
- 1 lb. Swiss Chard, ribs removed & leaves roughly shredded
- 1 1/2 c. Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 thumb-sized piece Ginger, grated
- 1/4 c. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Garlic Clove, grated
- 1/3 c. Olive Oil + extra for squash
- 2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- Fresh Goat Cheese, for serving
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Arrange cubed honeynut squash on a large sheet tray, then season liberally with salt, pepper, and olive oil, tossing to coat. Poke beet several times with a fork, then wrap in aluminum foil. Bake beet and squash for 1 hour or until both are tender. When finished, remove from oven and cool completely; peel beet when cool enough to handle.
Whisk together ginger, lemon juice, garlic, 1/3 cup olive oil, and dijon mustard; season to taste with salt and pepper, then set aside. Toss together cooled squash, quinoa, chard, and 1 cup pomegranate seeds, then top with dressing. Toss until all ingredients are evenly coated.
Slice beet, and arrange decoratively over top of salad, then sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds. Top with dollops of fresh goat cheese just before serving.