- 1 Loaf French baguette, cut into medium-thick rounds
- 1/4 C.+1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 Yellow onion, finely diced
- 4 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 C. Sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1 C. Sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 C. Chopped oyster mushrooms
- 1/2 C. Chopped maitake mushrooms
- 1/4 C. Cooking sherry
- 1/4 C. Fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Unsalted butter
- Salt & black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange bread rounds on one or two baking trays, then brush each with olive oil. Toast bread about 10 minutes or until lightly toasted; remove from oven and cool.
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a saute pan, and saute onions until lightly softened, then add garlic; continue cooking until garlic is fragrant. Add mushrooms to pan and season lightly with salt.
Continue cooking until mushrooms are lightly softened, then add sherry to pan. Allow alcohol to boil off before stirring in parsley and butter. Season mushrooms to taste with salt and pepper.
Allow mushroom mixture to cool to room temperature. Spoon about 1 tablespoon or a little more onto each toast, serve immediately to prevent toast from becoming soggy.