- Serves: 6-8 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- 3 pounds large Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 5 large garlic cloves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 7 to 8 ounces garlic-and-herb goat cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup half-and-half or milk
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place the potatoes, garlic and 1 tablespoon salt in a large pot with enough water to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, until very tender.
Drain the potatoes and garlic and process them together through a food mill fitted with the coarsest blade set on top of a bowl. While the potatoes are still hot, stir in the goat cheese, butter, sour cream, half-and-half, 4 teaspoons salt and 2 teaspoons pepper until smooth.
Pour the mixture into a 9-by-12-by-2-inch oval baking dish, smoothing the top. Sprinkle the Parmesan on top and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until lightly browned. Serve hot.