- Serves: 1 Pint Jar
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
- 1 1/2 lb. Mycopia Organic Gourmet Nebrodini Bianco Mushrooms, trimmed & sliced
- 1/2 c.+3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/4 c. White Wine Vinegar
- 3 tbsp. Dry White Wine
- 2 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. Cracked Black Peppercorns
- 1/2 Lemon, sliced
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. Fresh Sage, finely chopped
- 1 small Fresh Bay Leaf, bruised
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 Dried Red Chili
- 1 tbsp. Salt
- Sterile 1 Pint Resealable Glass Jar
Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat in a large frying pan or cast-iron skillet. When oil is hot, add a portion of sliced mushrooms. Fry in batches until mushrooms are tender and golden, then transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Allow mushrooms to cool to room temperature.
In a separate non-reactive mixing bowl, combine remaining olive oil with vinegar, wine, lemon juice, and remaining ingredients until mixed. Pour a small amount of marinade into the bottom of prepared jar, then add a layer of mushroom pieces; pour in more marinade to cover, then repeat. Continue process until jar is full or until no mushrooms and marinade remain to add; if needed, top with cooking oil so that mushrooms are completely submerged.
Allow mushrooms to marinate overnight for best results. Enjoy atop pizzas, added to sandwiches, tossed into salads, or as a flavorful relish for roasted meats.