- Serves: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound Mifroma Cave d'Or Aged Gruyere Bio, grated
- ½ pound Gotthelf Slowfood Emmentaler, grated
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons kirsch
- freshly ground black pepper
- freshly grated nutmeg
- Assorted breads, fruit or vegetables, prepared for dipping
In a cheese fondue pot or medium enameled cast-iron casserole combine the grated Gruyère and Emmentaler with the wine, cornstarch and lemon and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the cheeses begin to melt, about 5 minutes.
Add the kirsch and a generous pinch each of pepper and nutmeg and cook, stirring gently, until creamy and smooth, about 10 minutes; don't overcook the fondue or it will get stringy.
Serve at once with accompaniments of choice.