- Serves: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 bag Mama Mel’s Gluten-Free Pizza Dough
- 1/2 pound medium asparagus
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups Bellwether Farms Crescenza cheese
- 2 small lemons, preferably Meyer, sliced paper-thin
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
In a small saucepan of boiling salted water, blanch the asparagus just until bright green, about 20 seconds. Drain and refresh the asparagus under cold water. Pat dry.
Place a pizza stone or cookie sheet in the oven and preheat to 500°. On a lightly floured work surface, roll or stretch the dough out to a 12-inch round. Transfer the round to a lightly floured pizza peel or cookie sheet. Brush the dough with 1 teaspoon of the extra-virgin olive oil and top with the cheese and the asparagus and lemon slices. Sprinkle the pizza with kosher salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan.
Slide the pizza onto the hot stone and bake until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbling, about 10 minutes. Cut the pizza into wedges and serve immediately.