Lace House Linen
Lace House Linen was established in 1915, at 128 Liberty Street in Petaluma by Frenchman John Libarle. He started the business in Petaluma doing family laundry services, including sheets, towels, and clothing. John’s wife, Lorenza, ironed the shirts by hand. In the 1930’s John’s son, Lucien, became involved in the business. During World War II, the business boomed as Lace House provided linen services to many of the ships and submarines which operated out of Mare Island.