If you’ve found yourself wondering “How the heck am I gonna do this?!?” recently when thinking about the holidays, you’re not alone. Staying safe while shopping is essential – and possible! All it takes is a little insider know-how and planning. We’ve put together a list of our top 5 ways to stay safe during your holiday shopping so that you can look forward to a happy and healthy holiday season. And DO NOT MISS our downloadable holiday shopping lists! Get in and out like lightening with these comprehensive lists of holiday essentials. Listed aisle-by-aisle for every store, they’re a surefire way to streamline your shopping at any of our four stores!
- Shop During Off-Peak Hours – When looking to beat the crowds, we recommend shopping during the off-peak hours before 8am and after 7pm. Oliver’s has always tried to offer our customers maximum convenience with our long hours of daily operation, and this has created certain windows of quiet for those customers who prefer a more solitary shopping experience. Also, while there may be pockets of quiet throughout the day, these hours are reliably quiet and remove of the guesswork from timing out your shop. Of course, you can always call ahead and scopes the crowds before you come in too!
- Use Special Shopping Hours – If you are a senior aged 65+ or someone who is immune-compromised, we encourage you to take advantage of our special, limited shopping hours! We open our doors a full hour early just for you every Sunday and Wednesday. From 6am to 7am, enjoy the full Oliver’s shopping experience without the anxiety of dealing with a crowd, including a 10% discount for seniors aged 60+ every Wednesday. It’s a great way grab your groceries any time, but especially when you need to beat the holiday hustle and bustle.
- Check Deals Beforehand – When time is of the essence, you don’t want to be left standing around checking the deals. Speed up the shopping process by checking our Holiday Flyer, REV Flyer, or Weekly Ad Specials online! Located on our website and loaded with great deals on everything you need for the holidays and year-round, they’re the perfect way to make your shopping list well before you ever go near a store, especially if you pair it with our Holiday Essentials Guides! Click HERE to check out our flyers, and keep reading to grab the guide for your local Oliver’s Market.
- Use Our Helpful Handouts – Sometimes it isn’t making the list that slows you down; sometimes, it’s navigating the store that does it instead. To maximize your in-store shopping speed, take advantage of our handy navigational handouts! Our store maps give you a bird’s-eye-view of the entire store layout, while our Holiday Essentials Guides shows exactly where to find everything you need for the average holiday feast. Combine the two, and you’ll be in and out faster than you can say “Happy Holidays”! Pick-up both handouts in any of our stores, or download a printable PDF of the Holiday Essentials for your store at the bottom of this page.
- Shop Ahead Of Time – While we understand that there are some holiday meal items you just have to buy fresh, there are also plenty that can be purchased weeks ahead of time. Keeping this in mind, we’ve put together a special flyer that is packed to bursting with fantastic holiday deals lasting the entire holiday season (with a few exceptions)! This includes items like cornbread stuffing, canned soups, pumpkin puree, and even certain gourmet cheeses, all with the shelf-life necessary to make through holiday season in style. Avoid the crowds and cut the stress knowing that your holiday shopping is done and dusted – click HERE to check out the holiday flyer and start planning today!
So, even with the stresses challenging us this year, there are still ways to enjoy a safe and happy holiday season! At Oliver’s, we always go the extra mile to make sure our customers are confident in their shopping experience, and this holiday season, we’ve taken extra steps to reduce the anxiety and make holiday shopping fun. Use these tips and tricks to shop safely this season, and have a happy holiday season!
Custom Store Holiday Essentials Guides are right here! Just find your store and click the link!