- Serves: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 15 ounces Bellwether Farms cows milk ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3/4 cups Oliver’s Own shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 16 ounces Oliver’s Own Golden Rigatoni Pasta, cooked in salted water, per instructions
- 32 ounces Oliver’s Own Marinara sauce
- dash of crushed red pepper flakes, optional
In a medium bowl, mix together the ricotta, egg, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, ½ cup Parmesan cheese, basil, Italian seasoning, and crushed red pepper flakes, if using. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the ricotta mixture to the cooked pasta. Add the marinara sauce and stir until combined, stirring gently to not break up the pasta noodles.
Pour the pasta into the prepared pan and top with the remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and the pasta is bubbly. Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Garnish with fresh basil, if desired, and serve warm.