As a Cake Decorator, you will be responsible for creating appealing designs on our specialty bakery goods. You will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers.
Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must have previous cake decorating experience
- Understand and enforce proper health requirement for food prep
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer service skills
- Must be able to prep and fulfill orders in a timely manner
- Must know all aspects of cake decorating including but not limited to:
- Slice (split) a cake
- Ice and border a cake (i.e. shell border, reverse shell
- Write on cakes or plaques
- Make ganache, pastry cream, marzipan, cream cheese icing, and curds, toast almonds, etc.
- Pour cakes; roll out marzipan, fondant, band cakes
- Must be willing to taste and evaluate all products offered in the department
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- May be required to perform and fulfill all duties and responsibilities of Bakery Baker and Customer Service
- Perform all duties related to decorating, product, sanitation, and stocking of all products
- Maintaining the cake case, which includes but is not limited to: product rotation, cleaning, preparing components for cakes and pastries
- Aid in preparation of some mixes
- Must be 18 years +
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to perform physical requirements of position. (standing, bending, lifting, reaching, etc.)
- Some requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities