These cookies have been modified from their original version to be Gluten-free using Cup4Cup flour. Cup4Cup flour was developed by Chef Keller and team at the famed, French Laundry in Yountville, CA. It has quickly become the go to flour for gluten-free bakers especially with our very own Deb Scott, who modified this recipe from her Aunt Doris’ collection.
Aunt DORIS’ RANGER COOKIES-Modified-GF
- 1/2 CUP Crisco (or Coconut Oil)
- 1/2 CUP WHITE SUGAR
- 2/3 CUP BROWN SUGAR
- 2 EGGS
- 1 CUP of the Cup 4 Cup Flour
- 1/4 TEA BAKING POWER
- 1 TEA BAKING SODA
- 1 TEA SALT
- 1 TABLES VANILLA
- 2 CUPS OLD FASHIONED OATMEAL
- 2 CUPS chopped WALNUTS-toasted
- 1/2 CHOCOLATE CHIPS-( I use Enjoy Life Mini Chips-Dairy, nut & Soy free)
- 3 cups CORN FLAKES- ( I use GF Nature¹s Path Organic Honey¹d Corn Flakes)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream the butter and sugar together. Add the eggs. Sift in the dry ingredients and then add the remaining ingredients. Bake for 12 minutes.